Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Birchbox January 2013

I finally received my Birchbox yesterday.   For those of you who don't know what this is, it is a monthly subscription box and within each box will be samples of all sorts of products to try.  In return, for trying all of the products, you review them.   There is also a point system.... points for reviewing products, points for inviting friends and points for shopping on their site.... for every 100 points that you earn....that is the equivalent to $10.  This is pretty simple.

While I've been pretty stoked about this box, my first impression hasn't been that great.  First it was late and then my box was incomplete, but luckily they have an awesome customer service department that sent me e-mails to tell me what happened and also gave me 100 points towards my profile.  So I'm definitely not too upset.  

What's in my Box?

AMIKA : Color pHerfection Shampoo
*This gentle shampoo contains fortifying omega acids and healing sea buckthorn berry oil to keep your hair color bright and shiny.
*Full-size, $22

This smells amazing....the size of the sample I wish was a real travel size so that I could try it longer and I wish that they would send the conditioner with it, but it smells great...very fresh and clean smelling.  


Clark's Botanical : Smoothing Marine Cream
* Dull skin no more, thanks to glycolic acid in this exfoliating moisturizer.  
* The gentle tingle means it's working.
*Full-size, $115

This is a perfect sample size with great packaging.  The packaging reminds me of C.O. Bigelow product packaging.  Super excited to try this and scared at the same time because that full size price is mighty scary.

Harvey Prince : Skinny Chic
* Keep your energy levels high ( and fight cravings to boot) with this zesty blend of apple, mint, and lotus blossom.
* Full-size, $21-55

I don't know if this will fight my cravings or not, but this is my kind of fragrance.  It smells amazing and works great with my chemistry.... I think this might have to be a new Spring/Summer fragrance for me.  The sample size is a normal sample size that you would get from any fragrance counter.

theBalm Cosmetics : Put a lid on it Eye Primer
*Keep that pretty eye shadow crease-free with this stay-put primer, which also prevents smudges and smears.
* Full-size, $18
  
They obviously know about my primer obsession and the fact that I like companies like theBalm.  I'm very excited about this one and the sample size is perfect.

BEAUTY EXTRA:

100% Pure: Nourishing Body Cream
* This skin-friendly moisturizer is made exclusively from 100 percent vegan, organic ingredients.  Not that you need an excuse to slather it on.
* Full-size, $15

Now while I'm really excited about this product, if you are going to send out samples of your moisturizers, don't send them out in packs.  I really want the opportunity to try your product for more than a day.  Pacifica sent out their samples this year and they were an actual travel size.


I'll be reviewing these throughout the month of February separately....

....Birchbox

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment