Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Argan Oil: Josie Maran and Organix


In the month of January, I've been trying all sorts of products, products for my hair, skin and nails.  

The biggest trend in hair, skin and nails is Argan Oil or "liquid gold".  This oil helps with anti-aging because of the high level of Vitamin E, it helps with the healing of the skin, such as : Acne, Psoriasis, Eczema and the reduction of scars and it also helps to protect your hair, skin and nails.  This oil basically sounds like "magic beans" for beauty right?   Every woman looks for that product that can do it all and this claims to be that.

The products that I purchased are:


Josie Maran - 100% Pure Argan Oil to Go

* This legendary, lightweight oil, grown organically in Morocco, is rich in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids.
* Uses - Fast absorbing daily moisturizer
Heal or condition everything from cuticles, split ends and acne. (Josie Maran Cosmetics.com)
*Clinically proven to improve skin hydration and skin elasticity in only 4 weeks.  
Participants saw a visible reduction in course wrinkle and fine lines in the eye area.
83% of women showed significantly improved skin hydration. (Sephora.com)
* $14 to go ranging up to $96 full size (Sephora)

IMPRESSION:  I love this product.  I've used this product on it's own on my skin after showering and it feels amazing and makes my skin feel amazing and it gave a nice glow.  I mixed it in with my favorite Olay lotion for that extra moisture so that my lotion would go just a bit further.  My favorite use for this right now is in my hair.  I have really long, ombre dyed hair and this product keeps my hair looking fantastic.  It's shines and I've seen less split ends than ever.  Now, because I've been using the Meaningful Beauty products for my daily skin care I haven't tried this on my face as a moisturizer... yet...., but I might just have to invest in one of the Josie Maran Value Kits.



Organix - Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner

* Rare formula has centuries old history of providing natural Vitamin E and antioxidants while renewing your hair's cell structure, sealing in shine, and creating lush softness.
*  Indulge the senses with this precious blend of Moroccan Oil which instantly penetrates the hair shaft restoring shine while strengthening.  This renewing formula is free of sulfates and parabens, and is safe for color treated hair.  
*Shampoo and Conditioner will restore moisture to dry hair, protect from styling heat and UV damage while creating soft, seductive, silky perfection. (organixhair.com)
* $6.99 per at most drugstores and Walmart

IMPRESSIONS:  I have a combination scalp, just like my skin, it ranges from normal to dry.  So many shampoo products have dried my scalp and hair out and it's just not pretty. I also have combination hair because I have fine textured hair, but I have a lot of it and so many products weigh my hair down and make it look flat. This product is now my favorite set of Shampoo and Conditioner.  It smells amazing and my hair has never looked so healthy and full.  I've been using this product all month long and I am almost out.  The great thing about these products is that they are affordable.  If you shop at Walgreens, CVS, or Rite Aid there will usually be some sort of BOGO deal, which I really like.  I will probably repurchase these at some point.  My hair products, like my skin care products change from month to month.


Loving Argan Oil,

Heather







2 comments:

  1. This oil is wonderful. Very light and absorbs quickly.It is light and non-greasy and it doesn't have an overwhelming smell. This is absolutely one of my favorite products.Jamaican Black Castor Oil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. I really appreciate the efforts you have made for this blog.

    ReplyDelete