January has come and gone so quickly....
Resolutions Met So Far:
1) I passed my Esthetician Licensing Exams!!!! I'm just waiting for my License to come in Soon. That was the most stressful and gratifying experience all at the same time...
2) I've been taking better care of my skin through some of the skincare treatments down below, as well as trying out a few classes of yoga and still trying to drink more water...
3) Books, Reading and Relaxing......
I promised myself to start off the year that I would definitely use more sunscreen... I use it everyday and yes I use it even on overcast days because even though the sun is not out the rays are still there...
Coola Mineral Sunscreen Unscented Matte Tint SPF 30:
-Antioxidant infused mineral matte tint
-Flaxseed Oils = Omega 3 and Gamma Linoleic Acid - Improves elasticity and retains moisture
*phyto-protector Plankton Extract - Skin Rejuvenator
-I love the texture... it feels like the texture of Benefit's Porefessional Primer
-There is no sunscreen fragrance to it
- It makes my makeup go on so smooth
- That it's really great to my skin
-I love that it comes in a pump
- I wish it was a little more like a tinted moisturizer in that I wish it had more coverage
Coola Sport Unscented Sunscreen Spray:
*Certified Organic Sunscreen Spray
*70%+ certified organic inactives
*Farm to Face Sourced
-Red Raspberry Seed Oil - Omega 3 and 6
- It's not greasy
- Cooling to the skin
- Absorbs quickly
- I feel like there is a lot of waste of product due to it being a spray
- They say to put it on 15 minutes before sun exposure... meaning that I put it on in the bathroom making sure that I put towels down on the floor because if I didn't.... Someone being me or my significant other would be a victim of the Darwin Awards
Neal's Yard Remedies Rehydrating Rose Daily Moisturizer:
-softens and replenishes
-for normal and dehydrated skin
-hydrating 'Hundred Petalled' rose extract and damask rose oil soften, smooth and help restore skin's natural radiance
- I love the way this moisturizer feels
- Love the moisture it provides for my skin
- Helps with the radiance in my sometimes dull and dry skin
- My makeup works well with it
-The formula is beautiful
* If you don't like the scent of Roses or Rose Water... you may not enjoy this, but the fragrance doesn't last long*
Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Polishing Mask:
*Dual-Action Purifying Mask
*Charcoal absorbs oil without drying out skin
*Black Sugar Exfoliates
- The scent is yummy and unisex
-The warming sensation is awesome
- Makes my skin look and feel amazing
- It's a multitasking mask
- I just wish that it went on like a full mask....
I like to look like I painted myself like Krippendorfs Tribe when I put a mask on
Tarte 12hr - Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15:
-improves skin clarity and texture
*Vitamin A - retains moisture and protects against free radical damage
*Vitamin E - natural preservative, anti-inflammatory, emollient and antioxidant
*Amazonian Clay- for long wear
- Like the scent
-Love the coverage - it's buildable
- Love the packaging because it's a squeeze tube and it has a side window to show how much product is left.
- Highly Pigmented
Tarte Lights, Cameras, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara:
-Dermatologist and Clinically Tested
*infused with olive esters to protect and nourish lashes
- Formula is awesome.... it's not too wet or too dry
- Lengthens and Thickens with every coat without clumping
- Love the way the packaging feels in my hands
- The packaging only because it's not practical
Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder:
- 5 hour shine control
- I use this to set my foundation and concealer and it works so well
- Lives up to it's 5 hour shine control
- Doesn't just sit on top of my skin
- The packaging it not my favorite.... I wish it had more durable packaging because when I travel my bag can sometimes take a beating and the plastic can crack
L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Crayon Concealers:
- I love these for contouring and highlighting
- Ultra Blendable
- Work well when I layer powder product on top to set them
- So easy to use
- I just don't like this as concealer for me because when used in the undereye area it's very dry and creases
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette:
-Venus (off white demi matte)
-Foxy (cream bisque matte)
-Walk of Shame (light nude matte)
-Naked 2 (taupe matte)
-Faint (warm, dusty brown matte)
-Crave (deep brown/black matte)
-This is my ultimate Holy Grail palette
-I use it to fill in my brows
- Can do a quick and easy pinup look, smokey eye, or just a wash of color
-Easiest matte shadows for me to blend
-Love the packaging for travel
-My packaging is peeling from constantly carrying it with me
Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette in Naked:
- Multitasking palette so that I don't have to keep a ton of single package products
- the bronzer, highlighter and blush work so well for my skin coloring
- I always pack this because it pairs well with the Naked Basics palette
-I can use these also as eyeshadows
Tokyomilk/Dark- Tainted Love # 62
-Dark Vanilla Bean
This is my signature scent... I love it in the Fall especially.... My go to... I fell in love with this fragrance when I got a trial package of Tokyomilk products.... The Lip Elixers are Awesome and I really LOVE the hand creams...
So last year I started the Buzzfeed Rory Gilmore Book Challenge :
The best part of doing this book challenge is the Adventure of finding the books themselves...
I've been going to all sorts of thrift stores and finding some Awesome deals....
These are my January Purchases:
Favorite Book of January:
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
#226 on the Rory Gilmore Book List
- This book was a quick and amazing read... I loved how each of the characters are so relatable and the sincerity and honesty.... There was also an incredible soundtrack to the book... that if you wanted to you could make a playlist and hear what he's listening to and what he loves about each song...
"And in that moment I swear we were infinite."
I've never seen the film so I didn't have any expectations on how the characters should be or looked... and I don't know if I want to see it....